Company: Westmed Medical Group
Location: White Plains
Posted on: July 20, 2019
Hospitalist opening in White Plains, New York. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com An excellent
Hospitalist opportunity exists with the Westmed Medical Group - a
large, progressive, and financially thriving physician-owned,
multi-specialty practice. Within commuting distance from NYC, CT,
and NJ, we offer an excellent, competitive compensation and
benefits package. We are actively seeking BC/BE experienced
Hospitalist to join our existing team at The White Plains
Our Hospitalists dedicate much of their time to the safe
transitioning of care for our hospitalized patients, and closely
collaborate with all providers caring for such patients, to ensure
the highest quality of care to both our patients and their
families. Ideal candidates should possess strong skills in
inpatient evidence-based medicine, medical teaching, interpersonal
communication and resource management.
Physician will be responsible for providing complete, comprehensive
clinical care for all patients. Physician provides clinical care
services including, but not limited to, diagnosis, treatment, and
coordination of care, preventative and health care maintenance to
patients. Physician works collaboratively with all providers as a
multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive, compassionate
health care to all patients.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient.
Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish
preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates
immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by
federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and
specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care
and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to
high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical
Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers
to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance
practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners)
at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new
providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all
team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all
licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established
organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical
projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or
D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical
conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and
effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and
compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge EEO Employer
Keyphrases: hospitalist jobs
Keywords: Westmed Medical Group, Freeport , Hospitalist, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!