HR Business Partner
Posted on: April 2, 2021
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated
to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us.
Because on the inside we're all outsiders. And if it's outside,
we're all in. L.L.Bean is currently searching for an HR Business
Partner to join our Human Resources department. This important role
will provide HR consulting and organizational expertise to leaders
in a variety of client areas in the organization. Primary core
responsibilities are to support business results through the
development & delivery of human resources offers and programs. This
role will be based remotely/virtually temporarily, as we continue
to support a safe working environment during the pandemic. While
this role will eventually be based in Freeport, ME headquarters, we
would consider remote candidates depending on the circumstance and
client areas assigned. Responsibilities: Business Knowledge
- Ensures understanding of organizations supported, including key
business functions and processes.
- Applies solid understanding of financial reports, analysis and
business metrics in order to provide relevant and well-reasoned
consultation to area leaders. Performance Management
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on
performance related issues.
- Help leaders to provide employees with development
opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and
future performance standards Employee Relations
- Work with leaders and employees to help facilitate
relationships and foster a positive working environment.
- Guide managers and employees on employee related issues and
work environment assessment
- Provide guidance to leaders and employees regarding company
policies and procedures Provide employee relations consultation and
- In consultation with HR Employee Services Lead, stays abreast
of policies & procedures interpretation, investigations, fair
treatment appeals, and employment claims. Organizational
- Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving
maximum organizational performance and efficiencies.
- Consults with leaders on area and management concerns and
partners to drive efforts that enhance performance.
- Partners with HR Business leader to conduct capability
assessments, participates in area long range planning, and advises
on HR related efforts required. Organizational Design
- In partnership with area management and HR Business Leader,
supports needs analysis, organization design and development
initiatives, implementing change models and developing organization
structures while proactively driving optimization efforts. Talent
Planning and Development
- In partnership with area management and HR Business Leader,
participate in talent capability assessment, organizational and
individual development efforts, and succession planning.
- Proactively coaches and develops leadership.
- Provides appropriate guidance and involvement on HR related
programs. Ex: Involvement in interviews on key hires, broad
understanding of learning and communication needs, partnership with
Benefits/HR resources on management of leaves/disabilities,
- Compensation on compensation planning, survey analysis, etc.
Cross Functional HR
- Participates in cross functional alignment with HR resources
that support business area including but not limited to talent,
development, compensation, and learning resources. Project
- Supports the execution of HR programs and initiatives into
specific business areas
- In partnership with HR Business Leader, helps track project
deliverables against timelines and helps create communication plans
- In partnership with area managers and the HR BL, executes the
change management programs within functions Business Process
- Assists in the continuous improvement of the business by
partnering with leaders and Business process teams to collect and
- Provides appropriate guidance to business leaders and employees
on HR related systems Years of Experience: 3+ Skills and
- Core business understanding and sound financial literacy with a
broad background that can include such things as talent management,
succession planning, organizational development, organizational
effectiveness, change management, business process management, and
understanding of compensation, benefits, recruitment,
- BS/BA in Business, HR Management, Organizational Development
(or related field), or like experience.
- Project management skills including successful leadership of
projects from planning through completion.
- Track record of accomplishment with measurable business
- Track record of working with teams and influencing diverse
groups and possess the ability to communicate successfully
- Demonstrated ability to, coach, mentor, be a change agent with
- Results oriented and demonstrated strategic thinking
- Able to deal with ambiguous situations and adapt to competing
- Team facilitation skills and experience in resolving complex
problems impacting people, process and program issues.
- Trustworthy, with high ethical and professional standards.
- Good listener with strong verbal and written communication
- 3-5 years of business experience. If you care about the
outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what
you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with
programs and perks designed to support your health and financial
goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and
re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it
comes to the outside-we're all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn
more. Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we
come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual
differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves - because
the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better. Over a
century ago, company founder Leon Leonwood Bean set out to make a
boot to keep hunters' feet warm and dry. Today, we continue to
follow the trail he blazed, adding new paths to help more people
discover the outdoors, whether it's the thrill of sea kayaking, the
quiet of early morning fishing or the vigor of a challenging climb.
Of course, we remain true to L.L.'s core values, and are committed
to quality, service, and putting the outside, inside everything we
make. So join us, adventure awaits--- Being outside brings out the
best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At
L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our
co-workers to be themselves - because the uniqueness of each
individual makes L.L.Bean better.
Keywords: L.L.Bean, Freeport , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Freeport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!