Associate, Credit Risk-Asset Managers & Hedge Funds
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Associate, Credit Risk-Asset Managers & Hedge
Funds---2100321-Description-Position Overview: This is an excellent
opportunity to participate in this fast growing sector, work on
transactions encompassing a number of different clients and
products, build product skills and cross-train with other areas of
the Credit Risk Management team. Responsibilities:
- Perform credit analysis of new and existing hedge funds and
asset managers/traditional funds (including: credentials, strategy,
track record, leverage, investor base, liquidity, risk management,
portfolio valuation, internal controls, service providers,
transparency and regulation).
- Review the fund documentation (including: Prospectuses,
Offering Memos, Investment Management Agreements, Investment
Guidelines, Trust Agreements, Financial Statements, etc.) in order
to evaluate investment objectives and strategies and determine
credit worthiness of the underlying funds.
- Assist in negotiations of legal trading contracts, such as:
ISDA/CSA, MRA, CDEA and other documentation.
- Provide recommendation for transactions approvals, determine
initial margin requirements and haircuts on capital markets
products (including: interest rate swaps, repos, foreign
- Conduct credit due diligence conference calls and on-site
- Monitor monthly performance and NAV trends in order to identify
funds that breach ISDA triggers and hedge funds/investment managers
that face challenges with performance and redemptions.
- Liaise with middle office, documentation group and collateral
management to ensure that trades are booked and documented
correctly and that collateral is taken where appropriate.
- Develop, maintain and manage internal relationships with
business partners (including: marketers, negotiators, collateral
management, on-boarding team and legal).
- Monitor investment industry fundamentals and apprise management
of significant events that may have an adverse effect on a credit
quality of assigned portfolios. At Santander, we value and respect
differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity
of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply. -Qualifications-
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5-9 years of banking/credit analysis experience covering asset
- Working knowledge of capital markets products-
- Strong work ethic
- Proactive approach, initiative and resourcefulness
- Positive attitude, drive and dedication
- Entrepreneurial spirit and attention to detail
- Team player
- Willingness to learn -Job:-Risk Management-Primary
Location:-New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY
Corp---Organization:-NYB Risk (NYB_0024)-Schedule:-Full-time-Job
Posting:-Jan 21, 2021, 4:55:39 PM-
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Freeport , Associate, Credit Risk-Asset Managers & Hedge Funds, Other , Freeport, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!